Programs & Events
Learn more about our upcoming events and programs:
- Wild & Scenic Film Festival Tickets Available Now – October 21, 2023More than a film festival, Wild and Scenic is a great place to meet diverse, yet like-minded people. Folks who attend WSFF tend to be outdoor-oriented and care about the environment, sustainable agriculture, eco-tourism, and public lands.
- Stewardship DaysExplore unique sites in the Black Rock Desert with the company of a knowledgeable guide while giving back to the land and your community.
- National Public Lands Day 2023Camp at Soldier Meadows on September 23-24, 2023 and connect with people who share your love for the Black Rock Desert. Together, take care of the land that binds us.
- Let’s go ride a bike…Friends of Black Rock High Rock led group rides and bike packing events.
- Fly Ranch Nature WalksView the interactive Burning Man art pieces and the geothermal wonders Fly Ranch Holds! Buy tickets today!
News and Happenings:
- Thank You Off-Road Safety Academy!Thank you Off-Road Safety Academy for running the Emigrant Trail Overland trip as a donation to Friends of Black Rock-High Rock.
- 2023 Artists-in-ResidenceWe are delighted to announce the 2023 Artists-in-Residence are Luke Rizzotto and Rachel Stiff.
- Big Medicine: Black Rock Desert is a love letter to the desert.Watch this stunning short film by Jon Felix to learn why we need you now more than ever!
- BLM Fire Wood PermitsBLM firewood permits available at multiple locations CARSON CITY, Nev. – The Bureau of Land Management, Carson City District is continuing to sell firewood cutting permits at multiple locations. Pinyon Pine and Utah Juniper permits are $10 a cord. Only dead trees – standing or down may be cut. Permits are valid ...
- Friends of Black Rock Join Suit to Address Geothermal Drilling Proposals in Gerlachends of Black Rock High Rock (FBRHR), a two-decade legacy non-profit dedicated to conservation, education and recreation, has joined Friends of Nevada Wilderness, Gerlach residents and property owners in a lawsuit launched by Burning Man Project.
- Truckee Meadows Public Lands Management ActRead more about how this bill affects the landscape of Washoe County and the Black Rock Desert.
- Public Comments Burning Man PermitsBurning Man’s BLM Special Recreation Permit is up for the 10 year renewal. The BLM is accepting public comments about the draft environmental impact statement and specifically plans regarding Black Rock City’s population.