Programs & Events
Learn more about our upcoming events and programs:
- 2024 Artist-in-Residence ProgramTwo artists will be selected to create a dynamic work of art representing an aspects of the Black Rock Desert-NCA. You do not need to be a resident to apply!
- Work in the Black Rock Desert this Summer!Join us this summer as a new AmeriCorps employee of Friends of Black Rock! We are offering two positions this summer.
- Fly Ranch Nature WalksView the interactive Burning Man art pieces and the geothermal wonders Fly Ranch Holds! Buy tickets today!
News and Happenings:
- Thank You Off-Road Safety Academy!Thank you Off-Road Safety Academy for running the Emigrant Trail Overland trip as a donation to Friends of Black Rock-High Rock.
- 2023 Artists-in-ResidenceWe are delighted to announce the 2023 Artists-in-Residence are Luke Rizzotto and Rachel Stiff.
- Big Medicine: Black Rock Desert is a love letter to the desert.Watch this stunning short film by Jon Felix to learn why we need you now more than ever!
- BLM Fire Wood PermitsBLM firewood permits available at multiple locations CARSON CITY, Nev. – The Bureau of Land Management, Carson City District is continuing to sell firewood cutting permits at multiple locations. Pinyon Pine and Utah Juniper permits are $10 a cord. Only dead trees – standing or down may be cut. Permits are valid ...
- High Rock Canyon Closure NoticeBLACK ROCK FIELD OFFICE ANNOUNCES THE ANNUAL TEMPORARY CLOSURE OF THE HIGH ROCK CANYON ROAD WINNEMUCCA, Nev. – The Black Rock Field Office will be closing a portion of the High Rock Canyon Road to vehicle use. The seasonal closure will begin Monday, February 5 and extend through Friday, May , ...
- Friends of Black Rock Join Suit to Address Geothermal Drilling Proposals in Gerlachends of Black Rock High Rock (FBRHR), a two-decade legacy non-profit dedicated to conservation, education and recreation, has joined Friends of Nevada Wilderness, Gerlach residents and property owners in a lawsuit launched by Burning Man Project.
- Truckee Meadows Public Lands Management ActRead more about how this bill affects the landscape of Washoe County and the Black Rock Desert.
- Public Comments Burning Man PermitsBurning Man’s BLM Special Recreation Permit is up for the 10 year renewal. The BLM is accepting public comments about the draft environmental impact statement and specifically plans regarding Black Rock City’s population.