Willow Creek Station
Willow Creek Station is located north of Winnemucca.
Bill Haywood's 1929 autobiography mentions "Andy Kinniger" living near "Willow Creek." Haywood states that "Kinniger" was killed allegedly by One Arm Jim. However, newspapers report that his name was Kinnegar, not "Kinniger". Kinnegar was the proprietor of Willow Creek station. One Arm Jim was tried for the 1886 murder of Kinnegar, convicted and sentenced to death. His sentence was commuted to life in prison. One Arm Jim died in 1915, while in prison, allegedly at the age of 109.
- "Bill Haywood's book : the autobiography of William D. Haywood," Haywood, Big Bill
- "The Crime of One Arm Jim." Daily Independent. Elko. February 10, 1915, page 1.
- "Sarah Winnemucca." Zanjani, Sally Springmeyer. Page 275. 2001.
- Willow Creek Station (GNIS)
- Citation: "Bragg, Allen C. 'Humboldt County 1905' Winnemucca, Nevada: Humboldt Printers, 1976, 150 pp. A series of articles on the people and places of Humboldt County. p59"