Difference between revisions of "Wagner Springs"

From Black Rock Desert Nevada wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search
(Stovepipe?)
m (Text replacement - "http://geonames.usgs.gov/apex/f?p=gnispq:3:::NO::P3_FID:" to "https://edits.nationalmap.gov/apps/gaz-domestic/public/summary/")
 
Line 9: Line 9:


== Resources ==
== Resources ==
* [http://geonames.usgs.gov/apex/f?p=gnispq:3:::NO::P3_FID:849931 GNIS]
* [https://edits.nationalmap.gov/apps/gaz-domestic/public/summary/849931 GNIS]


[[Category:GNIS]]
[[Category:GNIS]]
[[Category:Humboldt County]]
[[Category:Humboldt County]]
[[Category:Springs]]
[[Category:Springs]]

Latest revision as of 20:33, 28 December 2021

Wagner Springs is located on Soldier Meadow Road near Wheeler Ranch.

Wagner Springs is possibly named for a John Wagner who accompanied Louis Gerlach in 1902[1]. Alternatively, perhaps it was named after Richard Wagner or W. M. Wagner, who are listed in the 1925 Washoe County Directory.

Stovepipe Springs might be another name for Wagner as Stovepipe appears on the Holt & Gibbs 1862 California and Nevada Map.

References

  1. Nevada State Journal, "A Cattle Deal," "Louis Gerlach and John Wagner are up from Stockton .They have chased about 200 head of Miller..."

Resources