From Black Rock Desert Nevada wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search
Revision as of 20:34, 28 December 2021 by Cxbrx (Text replacement - "http://geonames.usgs.gov/apex/f?p=gnispq:3:::NO::P3_FID:" to "https://edits.nationalmap.gov/apps/gaz-domestic/public/summary/")
On July 23, 1865 Major Kimball traversed northern Washoe County and meets up with his herd of sheep at "Trout Creek", probably near the Quinn River. 
- Clel Georgetta, "Sheep In Nevada," in the Nevada Historical Society Quarterly, Summer, 1865 and in "Nevada, The Silver State," vol. 1, p. 29, Western States Historical Publishers, 1970.
- Nevada: The Silver State," Vol. 2, p. 1023, Western States Historical Publishers, 1970.
- History of Use for Roads in the Jackson Mountain Area, Nevada
- | GNIS Trout Creek Ranch
- Variant Name: DeLong Ranch: Citation: "County Base Map Series, Nevada Department of Transportation, current (from 1950-60's). HU2/1960"
- Variant Name: Roberts Ranch: Citation: "U.S. Department of the Interior, U.S. Geological Survey, 1:250,000-scale topographic maps; various edition dates. Represents new or changed names from published editions. Map name and year of publication follow (if known): Vya/1961"