From Black Rock Desert Nevada wikiJump to navigationJump to search
On July 23, 1865 Major Kimball traversed northern Washoe County and meets up with his herd of sheep at "Trout Creek", probably near the Quinn River. 
- Clel Georgetta, "Sheep In Nevada," in the Nevada Historical Society Quarterly, Summer, 1865 and in "Nevada, The Silver State," vol. 1, p. 29, Western States Historical Publishers, 1970.
- Nevada: The Silver State," Vol. 2, p. 1023, Western States Historical Publishers, 1970.
- History of Use for Roads in the Jackson Mountain Area, Nevada
- | GNIS Trout Creek Ranch
- Variant Name: DeLong Ranch: Citation: "County Base Map Series, Nevada Department of Transportation, current (from 1950-60's). HU2/1960"
- Variant Name: Roberts Ranch: Citation: "U.S. Department of the Interior, U.S. Geological Survey, 1:250,000-scale topographic maps; various edition dates. Represents new or changed names from published editions. Map name and year of publication follow (if known): Vya/1961"