Charles Carter operated the Stanley Cafe at some point in Gerlach. The Gerlach-Empire Lions Club celebrated its first anniversary on March 22, 1954. Ellsworth Buffaloe was president. The meeting was held at the Stanley theater-restaurant (probably the Stanley Cafe).
Leonard Laverne Ashton was associated with Stanley Cafe and Granite Service Station in Gerlach and the Empire Chevron Service station and Empire Distributing Company in Empire. Ashton later bought the cafe and service station in Gerlach (possibly the Texaco). The cafe was open all day most of the night with hours set to meet the requirements of area railroad men.
In 1960, the Stanley Cafe was reported as serving "good plain food".