Staggs Mining District
The Staggs Mining District located south of the Trego Mining District and north of the Blue Wing Mining District.<ref name="Tingley1998">Joseph V. Tingley, "Mining Districts of Nevada," Report 47, Nevada Bureau of Mines and Geology, 1998, 2nd Edition. See map for details.</ref>
The Lava Beds are in the Staggs Mining District<ref>H.F. Bonham, Jr., L.J. Garside, R.B. Jones, K.G. Papke, J.Quade, and J.V. Tingle, OF1985-03: A mineral inventory of the Paradise-Denio -- and Sonoma-Gerlach Resource Areas, Winnemucca District, Nevada," p. 166, 1985.</ref>
Mines in the area include:
- Arcturus Mine (sometimes in the Trego Mining District)
- Hilltop Mine
- Sage Hen Mine<ref>John H. Schilling, "Tungsten Mines in Nevada," Map 87, 1963. Superseded by B105 and M87.</ref><ref>Harold K. Stager, Joseph V. Tingley, "Tungsten Deposits of Nevada," Map 87, 1985.</ref>
- Twin Buttes Mine Sec. 1, T30N,R26E. R43
- The Garrett and Windy Hill mines, S19 and S21 T32N,R27E.
- M. G. Johnson, "Geology and Mineral Deposits of Pershing County, Nevada," (See archive.org for toc), NBMG 89, 1977.
- F. L. Ransome, E. F. Burchard, "Contributions to Economic Geology," USGS 725D, 1921
- Stager, "Tungsten Deposits of Nevada" NBMG
- Richard B. Jones, "Lead Deposits and occurrences in Nevada," Map 78, 1963.