Pyramid Lake Guest Ranch
Pyramid Lake Guest Ranch was a place where people could stay to gain Nevada residency so as to get a divorce.
From 1945-1956, Pyramid Lake Guest Ranch was leased by Harry Drackert. Harry Drackert married Joan Abry Deeley in 1950 and they both managed a series of guest ranches.
A. J. Liebling wrote a three articles in the 1950's about the area for the New Yorker magazine that mention the ranch. Liebling states that Wallie Warren stated that the ranch was 40 acres owned by Sutcliffe, that there was a court ruling against Sutcliffe and that he paid a fee to regularize his holdings.
- "A Guide to the Records of Harry and Joan Drackert," Collection No. 91-49. University of Nevada Reno.
- Abbott Joseph Liebling, "A Reporter at Large: Dateline--Pyramid Lake, Nevada," p. 7.
- A. J. Liebling, "Slot Machines and Repose", New Yorker, 1950.
- A. J. Liebling, "Mustang Buzzers", 1954.
- A. J. Liebling, "Lake of the Cui-ui Eaters", 1955.
- "Pyramid Lake Ranch, Sutcliffe," U.C. Davis. Photos from the 1940s and 1950s.