Difference between revisions of "Pulpit Rock"

From Black Rock Desert Nevada wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search
(Added GNIS and Pillars)
Line 10: Line 10:
* Dave N. Schmitt, "[https://archive.org/details/archaeologicalev00schm An archaeological evaluation of South Pulpit Shelter (26Hu2472), eastern Black Rock Desert, Humboldt County, Nevada]," BLM, 1988.
* Dave N. Schmitt, "[https://archive.org/details/archaeologicalev00schm An archaeological evaluation of South Pulpit Shelter (26Hu2472), eastern Black Rock Desert, Humboldt County, Nevada]," BLM, 1988.
* "[https://www.blm.gov/epl-front-office/projects/nepa/35406/48722/52978/Hycroft_Mine_Facilities_Expansion_Project_PEA_Minus_Figures.pdf Preliminary Environmental Assessment, Hycroft Mine Facilities Expansion Project]," BLM, DOI-BLM-NV-W030-2013-0003-EA, July 2014.
* "[https://www.blm.gov/epl-front-office/projects/nepa/35406/48722/52978/Hycroft_Mine_Facilities_Expansion_Project_PEA_Minus_Figures.pdf Preliminary Environmental Assessment, Hycroft Mine Facilities Expansion Project]," BLM, DOI-BLM-NV-W030-2013-0003-EA, July 2014.
[[Category:Pillars]]
[[Category:GNIS]]

Revision as of 00:15, 21 November 2016

Pulpit Rock is located east of Sulphur.

The 1914-1915 WPRR Descriptive Time Table for west-bound traffic states: "Beyond mile-post 477 and at the left of the track stands the monolith outcrop of the Irish sphinx, presenting the perfect profile of an Irish gentleman in stock and cravat. A brilliant patch of mineral paint is disclosed, against the hills to the right, adjacent to prospect holes and dumps. Copper, silver and gold are being mined."[1] The Irish sphinx is probably Pulpit Rock, though left and right might be swapped. Sulphur is at mile post 474.52 and Floka is at mile post 479.38.[2]

References

Resources