Pulpit Rock

From Black Rock Desert Nevada wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search

Pulpit Rock is located east of Sulphur.

The 1914-1915 WPRR Descriptive Time Table for west-bound traffic states: "Beyond mile-post 477 and at the left of the track stands the monolith outcrop of the Irish sphinx, presenting the perfect profile of an Irish gentleman in stock and cravat. A brilliant patch of mineral paint is disclosed, against the hills to the right, adjacent to prospect holes and dumps. Copper, silver and gold are being mined."[1] The Irish sphinx is probably Pulpit Rock, though left and right might be swapped. Sulphur is at mile post 474.52 and Floka is at mile post 479.38.[2]

References

Resources