From Black Rock Desert Nevada wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search
Revision as of 20:34, 28 December 2021 by Cxbrx (Text replacement - "http://geonames.usgs.gov/apex/f?p=gnispq:3:::NO::P3_FID:" to "https://edits.nationalmap.gov/apps/gaz-domestic/public/summary/")
- Placerites GNIS
- History: "Named for gold found there in 1850s."
- Variant: Placeritas: "Bureau of Land Management (BLM) maps other than 1:100,000-scale and 1:126,720-scale (1/2 inch = 1 mile). The name and year of publication follow (if known): Salem Westside Recreation Map 1996 Grazing Status Map 22/1960"
- Note that "Salem Westside Recreation Map 1996" is probably a typo. http://www.blm.gov/or/pubroom/files/Oregon_Recreation_Map_Index.pdf indicates that a map with the same name covers northwestern Oregon.
- Variant: Placeritos: "U.S. Department of the Interior, U.S. Geological Survey, 1:250,000-scale topographic maps; various edition dates. Represents new or changed names from published editions. Map name and year of publication follow (if known): Lovelock/1935"
- Alfred Merritt Smith, Wm. O. Vanderburg, "Placer Mining in Nevada," Nevada Bureau of Mines, Vol. 26, No. 8, 1932. Includes photos of Placerites.