From Black Rock Desert Nevada wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search
Photography of the Black Rock Desert
Public Domain or Freely Available Images
Public Domain images are images from before 1923, images produced by the US Government or images from Wikipedia.
- Wikimedia: Category:Black Rock Desert
- Wikimedia: Denio, Nevada
- Wikimedia: Category:Fly Geyser
- Wikimedia: Category:Gerlach Water Tower
- Wikimedia: Category: Nevada State Route 447
- Wikimedia: Category:Quinn River Valley, Nevada
- Wikimedia: Sheldon National Wildlife Refuge
- Library of Congress: John C. Fremont
- The Expeditions of John Charles Fremont," p 606. Lithograph of Pyramid Lake.
- Valley of the Mud Lakes (1854)
- Pyramid Lake, Geological Exploration of the Fortieth Parallel
- Two members of King's expedition on one of the mounds in Pyramid Lake in Nevada. (NARA 519486)
- Lime Tufa Formation. Anaho Island, Pyramid Lake, Western Nevada., ca. 1867 (NARA 519487)
- Near Camp at Big Bend of the Truckee River Big Bend is near Wadsworth (NARA 519575)
- Unidentified (NARA 519576) Dry valley, looks very much like something near Nixon
- Camp Number 12 near Pyramid Lake, Nevada, August 1st 1867 Truckee River (NARA 519577) This photo was probably taken at 39.693749272 -119.276580843, looking south.
- Tufa Formation, Anaho Island, Pyramid Lake, Nevada, 1867 (NARA 519579)
- Tufa Formation, Anaho Island, Pyramid Lake, Nevada, 1867 (NARA 519580)
- Pyramid Lake, Nevada (NARA 519581)
- Looking along shore, Pyramid Lake, Nevada #112
- Anaho Island, Pyramid Lake, Nevada (NARA - 519582)
- Strange Tufa formation on Pyramid Island, Pyramid Lake, Nevada #118
- Tufa Domes and Pyramid, Pyramid Lake, Nevada (NARA - 519583)
- Tufa Domes and Steamboat Rock, Pyramid Lake, 1867 NARA - 519584
- Expedtion Boat. Truckee River, Western Nevada (NARA 519489)
- Tufa Domes and Pyramid, Pyramid Lake, Nevada (NARA 519670)
- The Pyramid and Domes — in Pyramid Lake, western Nevada. A line of dome-shaped tufa rocks culminating in a large pyramid-shaped tufa rock in Pyramid Lake. Photo by T.H. O'Sullivan (1867)
- Anaho Island, Pyramid Lake, Nevada (NARA 519671)
- Tufa Domes, Pyramid Lake, Nevada, 1867 (NARA 77-ks-1-38)
- Pah-Utes of Pyramid Lake (George Eastman House 81:1887:0022), Appears in At Pyramid Lake
- N. A. Hummel, "General History and Resources of Washoe County, Nevada," 1888. - possible photo of Wadsworth Library, Depot and Other Buildings.
- William Berryman Scott, "An Introduction to Geology," p. 150, 1897. - "Fig. 55 Island of calcareous tufa Pyramid Lake Nevada USGS"
- Harold Wellman Fairbanks, "Pyramid Lake, Nevada," Popular Science Monthly, Volume 58, March 1901. Includes low resolution photos.
- Bruff Journal entries: Yale Collection of Western Americana, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Office Of The Seven Troughs Caesar Mining Company At Farrell Nevada (1908)
- Farrell, The Headquarters of the Northern Portion of The Seven Troughs District (1908)
- The Old Stone House Built 36 Years Ago in FarrellEnd of Seven Troughs District. Stone House Canon Gets its Name From This Old Cabin (1908)
- Mazuma, Nevada, the central stopping point of the Seven Troughs District (1908)
- Hotel At Mazuma Nevada, The Central Stopping Point of the Seven Troughs District (1908)
- Ruins of the Mazuma Hotel (1912)
- Darby Mill of the Delaware Mining Co., Nevada (1916)
- Mill of the Darby (Nevada) Reduction Co., Mazuma Nevada (1918)
- Niter Claims North of Gerlach, In the Northern Granite Range, Washoe County, Nev. (1912)
- Mining and Scientific Press, December 24, 1921, p. 907. Volume 123. Includes photo of Mine and Mill of Leadville Mines Co. at Gerlach, Nevada, ca. 1921. See also https://archive.org/details/miningscientific123sanfuoft
- USGS Jungo 1931
- Black Rock Gunnery Range Elko Aero Chart 1955
- Old Razorback Mountain, 1969, W.R. Hansen
- Fly Geyser in Nevada, Podruznik, Wikipedia
Photographs courtesy of Gary B. Horton
Gary B. Horton has graciously given us permission to use the following images on this wiki.
- Alford Jeakins, circa 1932
- The Hole in the Wall Gang: Red Franklin, Orville Jackson, Andrew Jackson, Charley Spaulding, 1937
- Claude "Chad" Chadwell and Art Nishigushi, circa 1939 Gerlach Baseball
- Alford and Mabel Jeakins, 1943
- Charlie Carter, circa 1952
- Shorty Taylor House, Gerlach, 1976
- Al Jeakins Tie House in 2008
- http://www.flickr.com/photos/fly_the_playa/5425739498/in/photostream/ 2011-02-04 aerial views of lake
- http://eliotdrake.blogspot.com/2011/02/winter-black-rock.html Feb 2011 eliotdrake.blogspot.com/2011/02/winter-black-rock
- Black Rock Desert, Summer 2001
- Black Rock Desert Side Trip, August 2002
- Black Rock Desert in the Snow December, 2004
- Black Rock Desert Area, Summer 2006
- http://www.spench.com/trips/brd/index.htm spench.com Black Rock Desert Oct 11 & 12, 2003
- http://www.angier-fox.com/images/nevada-pix/nev-north.htm Angier-Fox.com – Image West Photography - Northern Nevada
- http://www.chandlerphotos.com/ Steve Chandler has taken many beautiful images of the Black Rock Desert and surrounding area. color and black/white galleries.
- http://www.westernfolklife.org/weblogs/artists/dufurrenal/ Linda Dufurrena photographs all aspects of life in her desert corner of Nevada. She finds her subject matter in the landscape, and in the everchanging patterns of the desert atmosphere. She photographs the creatures who inhabit the wild spaces, and the men and women who live and work there. Her vision of the world is translated into photographic image in her workshop at the Dufurrena ranch northwest of Winnemucca, Nevada.
- http://www.i-20.com/artist.php?artist_id=19&page=additionalimages&work_id=446 Spencer Tunick's _Nevada (Black Rock Desert) 2000_
- http://scotthaefner.com/kap/gallery/?g=2006 Kite Aerial Photography by Scott Haefner 2006 Photos
- http://ian.kluft.com/blackrock/ includes thousands of photos of the Black Rock Desert, with an emphasis on rocketry events
- http://www.liquidinplastic.com/2008/05/camping-tripportraits-on-the-blackrock-desert/ Daniel Newton's Camping Trip/Portraits on the Blackrock Desert
- http://www.liquidinplastic.com/2008/05/the-lost-memory-card-returns-from-its-100-mile-journey/ and The Lost Memory Card Returns From its 100 Mile Journey!
- http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidkiene/3306010908/ flickr.com/photos/davidkiene/3306010908/
- http://grantkaye.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/Featured-Images/G0000VDLgZDelF_k/I0000V7Q5zg5CB4c May 2010
- http://www.sciencephoto.com/images/download_lo_res.html?id=670033999 'Mirage, Black Rock Desert'