From Black Rock Desert Nevada wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search
Photography of the Black Rock Desert
Public Domain or Freely Available Images
Public Domain images are images from before 1923, images produced by the US Government or images from Wikipedia.
- Library of Congress: John C. Fremont
- Two members of King's expedition on one of the mounds in Pyramid Lake in Nevada.
- Bruff Journal entries: Yale Collection of Western Americana, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- USGS Jungo 1931
- Black Rock Gunnery Range Elko Aero Chart 1955
- Old Razorback Mountain, 1969, W.R. Hansen
- Fly Geyser in Nevada, Podruznik, Wikipedia
Photographs courtesy of Gary B. Horton
Gary B. Horton has graciously given us permission to use the following images on this wiki.
- Alford Jeakins, circa 1932
- The Hole in the Wall Gang: Red Franklin, Orville Jackson, Andrew Jackson, Charley Spaulding, 1937
- Claude "Chad" Chadwell and Art Nishigushi, circa 1939 Gerlach Baseball
- Alford and Mabel Jeakins, 1943
- Charlie Carter, circa 1952
- Shorty Taylor House, Gerlach, 1976
- Al Jeakins Tie House in 2008
- http://www.flickr.com/photos/fly_the_playa/5425739498/in/photostream/ 2011-02-04 aerial views of lake
- http://eliotdrake.blogspot.com/2011/02/winter-black-rock.html Feb 2011 eliotdrake.blogspot.com/2011/02/winter-black-rock
- Black Rock Desert, Summer 2001
- Black Rock Desert Side Trip, August 2002
- Black Rock Desert in the Snow December, 2004
- Black Rock Desert Area, Summer 2006
- http://www.spench.com/trips/brd/index.htm spench.com Black Rock Desert Oct 11 & 12, 2003
- http://www.angier-fox.com/images/nevada-pix/nev-north.htm Angier-Fox.com – Image West Photography - Northern Nevada
- http://www.chandlerphotos.com/ Steve Chandler has taken many beautiful images of the Black Rock Desert and surrounding area. color and black/white galleries.
- http://www.westernfolklife.org/weblogs/artists/dufurrenal/ Linda Dufurrena photographs all aspects of life in her desert corner of Nevada. She finds her subject matter in the landscape, and in the everchanging patterns of the desert atmosphere. She photographs the creatures who inhabit the wild spaces, and the men and women who live and work there. Her vision of the world is translated into photographic image in her workshop at the Dufurrena ranch northwest of Winnemucca, Nevada.
- http://www.i-20.com/artist.php?artist_id=19&page=additionalimages&work_id=446 Spencer Tunick's _Nevada (Black Rock Desert) 2000_
- http://scotthaefner.com/kap/gallery/?g=2006 Kite Aerial Photography by Scott Haefner 2006 Photos
- http://ian.kluft.com/blackrock/ includes thousands of photos of the Black Rock Desert, with an emphasis on rocketry events
- http://www.liquidinplastic.com/2008/05/camping-tripportraits-on-the-blackrock-desert/ Daniel Newton's Camping Trip/Portraits on the Blackrock Desert
- http://www.liquidinplastic.com/2008/05/the-lost-memory-card-returns-from-its-100-mile-journey/ and The Lost Memory Card Returns From its 100 Mile Journey!
- http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidkiene/3306010908/ flickr.com/photos/davidkiene/3306010908/
- http://grantkaye.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/Featured-Images/G0000VDLgZDelF_k/I0000V7Q5zg5CB4c May 2010
- http://www.sciencephoto.com/images/download_lo_res.html?id=670033999 'Mirage, Black Rock Desert'