Nite Cap Bar

From Black Rock Desert Nevada wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search

In 2002, Phil Jensen wrote that the Nite Cap building was still standing, but had no sign. He states that someone in Bruno's stated that Bruno operated the Nite Cap while Bruno's was being rebuilt after the fire in the 1980's.[1]

Charles Carter started the Nite Cap in about 1932.

In 1951, The Nite Cap was involved in an arson. At the time the bar was owned by L.G. Furst. The first lie detector test in Washoe County was administered in the case.[2]


  1. Phil Jensen, "Phil's Forays, Gerlach Revisted".
  2. "New Lie Detector Break in Arson Case," Nevada State Journal, April 12, 1951, Page 14.