From Black Rock Desert Nevada wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search
Revision as of 20:34, 28 December 2021 by Cxbrx (Text replacement - "http://geonames.usgs.gov/apex/f?p=gnispq:3:::NO::P3_FID:" to "https://edits.nationalmap.gov/apps/gaz-domestic/public/summary/")
- Note: U.S. Department of the Interior Secretarial Order 3404 dated November 19, 2021 has declared "Squaw" a derogatory term and is implementing procedures to change the name. Details are at U.S. Board on Geographic Names. See also the monthly minutes and review lists and Renaming offensive placenames.
- Negro Creek
- Alternate Name: A perjorative word, "Original township survey plats, published in the 1800's. 1913" Probably T36 R22.
- Alternate Name: "McNamara Creek" Citation "'Nevada': 1881, scale 1 inch=24 miles. A photocopy with no additional information available, Nevada Historical Society document."
- Negro Creek Reservoir
- Alternate Name: A perjorative word, "U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. Dams and Reservoirs List, Washington, DC. 17-Feb-1981. A listing of impounded bodies of water and associated information"
- The Latitude and longitude of Negro Creek Reservoir (40.9482323, -119.3876884)is very close to Iveson Reservoir (40.9485593, -119.3910654). Iveson Reservoir is what appears on recent topo maps
- Negro Creek Ranch
- Very close to Iveson Ranch GNIS entry.
- Negro Creek
- "Negro Creek" appears in the 1909-1910 Section 34, T37 R22
- "Middle Branch of Negro Creek" appears in the 1894 Section 11-14, T37 R22
- Washoe County, Nevada 1936 Tax List Page 016 for Negro Creek
- Barker, Carey, Bruce, Clark, Codd, Frizzell, Gerlach, Gregory, Hutchinson, Iveson, King, Melody, Patterson, Schmitt, Turnbow
- "Negro Creek" appears in the 1894 Section 28, T36 R22 Earliest original reference
- "Negro Creek" appears in T36 R33
- Appears in T35 R23 1913