The Winning of Barbara Worth (1926)
- The Story of the Making of The Winning of Barbara Worth by Phillip I. Earl
- Snapshots from the movie set for The Winning of Barbara Worth, 1926
- Museum of Modern Art
- UC Berkeley's Pacific Film Archive has a copy
- Pacific Film Archive Dilexi Series Handout
- "HARDCORE, broadcast: 7/30/69 by Walter De Maria This durational work splices slow pans of a dry lake bed together to heighten landscape imagery, shifting light and the use of horizon . The sensual treatment is bracketed by a western motif that culminates in a six-gun shoot-out. Finally, a fixed shot of a young asian girl grounds the theme of the film, suggesting that the conquering of the West has been extended to other shores. Photographed by Blair Stapp. Music composed by De Maria. 27:56 Color 16mm""
National Geographic Specials: The Haunted West (1973)
Far From Home (1989)
Movies and Videos about Burning Man
Motion Pictures not actually Filmed in the Black Rock Desert Area
Below are motion pictures that are sometimes said to be filmed in the Black Rock Desert Area.
Not filmed on the Black Rock Desert, but actually filmed near Lone Pine, CA.
The Misfits (1961)
Not filmed on the Black Rock Desert, but actually filmed near Dayton, NV.
Diamonds Are Forever (1971)
IMDB states that the James Bond film Diamonds Are Forever was filmed at the Black Rock Desert However, there is no other evidence of this?