From Black Rock Desert Nevada wikiJump to navigationJump to search
Heizer appeared in Walter De Maria's film "Hardcore" that was filmed on the Black Rock Desert.
- Dissipate, Center For Land Use Interpretation
- Landscape Architecture Magazine, "Gardens and the Death of Art," 7/98, p. 90-94
- Suzaan Boettger, "Earthworks: Art and the Landscape of the Sixties." University of California Press, 2002, ISBN 0520241169, 9780520241169 315 pages. p. 114
- ""Hiezer would recall that Heiner Freidrich was the first to give him money, in 1968, "but the guy who really helped me was Bob Scull" Heizer collectively title the works commissioned by Scull Nine Nevada Depressions. Made between August and September 1968, Heizer's 520-mile lie of loops, faults troughs and intersections linked nine sites on dry lakes located on government-owned land in Nevada, along the Nevada-California border."
- "For another of these Depressions, number eight, Hezier determined the placement of the five rectangular trenches of Dissipate by the compositional device of dropping five matchsticks. Their arrangement according to the laws of chance because his plan."
- Erika Suderburg, "Space, Site, Intervention: Situating Installation Art," University of Minnesota Press, 2000, ISBN 081663159X, 9780816631599 370 pages. p. 133:
- "In the Black Rock Desert, Nevada, Michael Heizer digs a series of rectangles, which he then lines with wood. Dissipate(Nine Nevada Depressions 8) (1968) is based on the arbitrary droppings of a series of matchsticks - Duchampian stoppages made incendiary."
- DSpace Website, "Nine Nevada Depressions, Dissipate #8"
- University of Stuttgart Image of Dissipate
- "For this work, let Michael Heizer matches fall on paper and fixed them as they lay, with adhesive. This template was then used to transfer the structure into the landscape, with around three-meter-long wooden objects were embedded in the ground."
- Terapad.com Image of match stick drawing that defined the layout, probably from "Die Sammlung Marzona: Arte Povera, Minimal Art, Concept Art, Land Art", Museum Moderner Kunst Stiftung Ludwig Wien im Palais Liechtenstein, 14. Juni 1995-17. September 1995
- www.izinsizgosteri.net - Image of Dissipate