From Black Rock Desert Nevada wikiJump to navigationJump to search
Josie Pearl was a prospector who lived near the Leonard Creek Ranch. Josie Pearl (b. Dec. 19, 1873, d. Dec. 29, 1962) was a prospector who lived for many years in the Black Rock Range.
- Josie Pearl, Prospector on Nevada's Black Rock Desert," Desert Magazine, August 1954, by Nell Murbarger
- Phillip Earl, "Women's Biographies Josephine (Josie) Reed Pearl." (UNR).
- Alma Schulmerich, "Josie Pearl," 1963 Deseret Book Co.
- Ghosttowns.com thread about Josie Pearl's place "I had looked at a number of local maps and the location of her house is noted as PEARL CAMP on, imagine that, Pearl Camp Road, near Josie Pearl Spring northwest of Winnemucca. Approximate Location: LAT 41 31 44.58 N LON 118 49 45.73 W
- Josie Pearl Spring Map
- University of Nevada, Reno images of Josie Pearl by Gus Bundy. All the images are labeled "Josie Pearl - prospector-miner; Leonard Creek Ranch Road; 92 years old; August 1955". However, Phillip Earl indicates that she was born on December 19, 1873 which would have put her at age 82. Her headstone has her listed as being born on that date.