From Black Rock Desert Nevada wikiJump to navigationJump to search
The Jeakins Mine is located in the Selenite Range.
In 1935, the LA Times stated that Jeakins had bought a 5 stamp mill and was intending to use it after developing water. The article stated that Jeakins had been developing the prospect since 1905. However, the article states that the mine is 6 miles north of Trego?
The mine was discovered by Alford Jeakins.
- ↑ Mine Prospect of Old-Timer in Shipping Class," Los Angeles Times, 1935-Mar-11. Al Jeakins, owner of a prospect six miles north(?) of Trego since 1904 has installed a 5 stamp mill. He shipped ore to the Noble Brothers mill at Scossa and got $52/ton. He shipped a car load of ore to Garfiled, UT and got $22/ton
- ↑ M.R. Klepper, C.W. Chesterman, "Tungsten Properties in the Gerlach Area," Map, University of Nevada, Reno, KC-Special Collections, 1943.
- Al Jeakins Mining Claim Cabin, Pershing Ct Nevada (Panoramio Image)
- Jeakins Mine - Tungsten mine located in the Selenite Range. Discovered in 1941, last production in 1968.
- Analytical Data:: JONES (1984)
- Deposit:: JOHNSON, M.G., 1977, GEOLOGY AND MINERAL DEPOSITS OF PERSHING COUNTY, NEVADA: NBMG BULL. 89
- Deposit:: JOHNSON, A.C. & BENSON, W.T., 1963, TUNGSTEN RESOURCES OF NEVADA: USBM OPEN FILE REPORT
- Deposit:: STAGER, H. K. & TINGLEY, J. V., 1988, TUNGSTEN DEPOSITS IN NEVADA: NBMG BULL. 105, P. 161
- Deposit:: JONES, R. B., 1984, NBMG FIELD EXAMINATION AND SAMPLE ANALYSIS: NBMG UNPUBLISHED (TINGLEY) FILES.
- Deposit:: CREWDSON, R. A., 1974, GEOLOGY AND MINERAL DEPOSITS OF PART OF THE SELENITE RANGE, PERSHING COUNTY, NV: M. S. THESIS, COLORADO SCHOOL OF MINES.
- Deposit:: LEMMON, D. M. AND TWETO, O. L., 1962, TUNGSTEN: USGS MINERAL INVESTIGATIONS RESOURCES: USGS MAP MR-25.
- Production:: STAGER & TINGLEY (1988)
- M.R. Klepper, C.W. Chesterman, "Tungsten Properties in the Gerlach Area," Map, University of Nevada, Reno, KC-Special Collections, 1943.