High Rock Canyon
High Rock Canyon, Nevada
"It was a singular place to travel through- shut up in the earth, a sort of chasm, the little strip of grass under our feet, the rough walls of bare rock on either hand, and the narrow strip of sky above." -- John C. Fremont, description of High Rock Canyon, 1843
High Rock Canyon Wilderness
- http://www.nevadawilderness.org/northwest/highrockcyn.htm www.nevadawilderness.org/northwest/highrockcyn.htm -- Friends of Nevada Wilderness The High Rock Canyon Wilderness is painted with layers of white, gray, orange and brown bedding. The bright green of the canyon floors and pockets on the walls contrast with the grey green of sagebrush. A 360 panorama of valleys, terraces and mountain ranges open up vistas 60 miles in all directions. The Wilderness Area's northeast border hits the abrupt edge of High Rock Canyon. Antelope and birds of prey are common here.
East Fork High Rock Canyon Wilderness
- http://www.nevadawilderness.org/northwest/hr-eastfork.htm www.nevadawilderness.org/northwest/hr-eastfork.htm --
- http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/fo/surprise/highrock.html www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/fo/surprise/highrock.html -- BLM California, Surprise Field Office, Black Rock Desert High Rock Canyon Emigrant Trails National Conservation Area
- http://www.knpb.org/WildNevada/Trip309.asp www.knpb.org/WildNevada/Trip309.asp -- KNPB Wild Nevada #209, "High Rock Canyon."
- http://www.desert-survivors.org/Trip_Info/Nevada_Desert_Trail_DispatchesPgAABBCC.htm www.desert-survivors.org/Trip_Info/Nevada_Desert_Trail_Dispatches -- 2005 Nevada Desert Trail Dispatches, Segment AA: High Rock Canyon: The High Rock Canyon trip was the first of the final three Desert Trail Relay segments. ...
images/ttjul01p3g.jpg at http://www.canvocta.org/deathsandgraves.htm
http://www.greatbasinguide.com/ hoto by Robert Klaput Head of Little High Rock Canyon
http://janiart1.com/_wsn/page4.html NV Hunt Book Cover 2000 "Stand off at High Rock Canyon"