Henry J. Hughes
From Black Rock Desert Nevada wikiJump to navigationJump to search
- 1925 Washoe County Directory
- In 1926, during the filming of The Winning of Barbara Worth, "Gerlach's constable, Henry Hughes, had become a popular figure with the California visitors, ..." (Source: http://www.silentsaregolden.com/articles/barbaraworthmakingof.html)
- 1936_Tax_List "Henry Hughes: Real Estate $50, Improvements: $250"
- 1941: The December 7, 1941 (Pearl Harbor Day) Nevada State Journal reports that Leslie E. Johnson transferred a deed to Charlie Wibel and H.J. Hughes for T32N, R23E, Sec. 10 and 15. Section 15 is Gerlach, Section 10 is north of Gerlach, so this could be Gerlach "Great Boiling" Springs.
- Hughes Well - Could be named after Henry Hughes? The well was flowing in 1947.
- Find-a-Grave. Constable, Posse.