Gerlach and Waltz Ranch
From Black Rock Desert Nevada wikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Helen S. Carson, "Nevada Place Names," p. 119.
- GNIS Map (This location seems wrong?) The GNIS citation is "The American Guide Series, Compiled and Written by the Federal Writers' Project of the Work Projects Administration. A state by state guide series published by various publishers, in the late 1930's and 1940's. Each book studies and describes each state's history, natural endowments, and special interests. Use code US-T125/Name/YYYY/p#. Origin Place Names/1941/p70"
- Federal Writers' Project, Nevada: A Guide to the Silver State," (1940 editions mentions Gerlach, but not Gerlach and Waltz Ranch)
- Nevada State Journal, "Gerlach News, March 14, 1926, p. 2. "Ed Waltz of the Gerlach and Waltz Livestock Company was a visitor in town on Tuesday".
- Clarence. J. Thornton, "Ch. 3: Ranch Life in Northern Nevada and Eastern California."
- Washoe County, Nevada 1936 Tax List Page 015
- Gerlach & Waltz: Real Estate: $110, Personal: $1200
- New York Times, "Million-Acre Sale is Fixed in Nevada," p. 33, Oct 24, 1952. 1,000,000 acre Gerlach ranch is sold for $3,000,000. Sold by Lawrence Holland to Victor Nemeroff and Arnold Maremont of Chicago and David E. Bright of Los Angeles. Discussion about how Holland had bought the ranch from the successors of Gerlach Land and Livestock Company, which would be the Gerlach and Waltz Ranch.