Gerlach and Waltz Ranch
From Black Rock Desert Nevada wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search
Revision as of 20:09, 10 February 2013 by Cxbrx (Link to 1940 edition of Nevada: A Guide to the Silver State)
- Helen S. Carson, "Nevada Place Names," p. 119.
- GNIS Map (This location seems wrong?) The GNIS citation is "The American Guide Series, Compiled and Written by the Federal Writers' Project of the Work Projects Administration. A state by state guide series published by various publishers, in the late 1930's and 1940's. Each book studies and describes each state's history, natural endowments, and special interests. Use code US-T125/Name/YYYY/p#. Origin Place Names/1941/p70"
- Federal Writers' Project, Nevada: A Guide to the Silver State," (1940 editions mentions Gerlach, but not Gerlach and Waltz Ranch)
- Nevada State Journal, "Gerlach News, March 14, 1926, p. 2. "Ed Waltz of the Gerlach and Waltz Livestock Company was a visitor in town on Tuesday".
- Clarence. J. Thornton, "Ch. 3: Ranch Life in Northern Nevada and Eastern California,"