Gerlach Geothermal Development Project
The Gerlach Geothermal Development Project is a Geothermal project that started in 2020.
Some Gerlach residents are concerned about the effect the plants and wells would have on the viewshed, night skies and water supplies.
On October 1, 2020, the BLM accepted pre-scoping comments for 60 days.
On December 10, 2021, the BLM solicited comments on the project and provided a map.
- Gerlach, Nevada Geothermal Energy Zones
- Hilltop Energy Resources LLC Geothermal Energy Zones has a number of leases
- Ormat Gerlach Proposal Letter BLM, October 1, 2020. ( local copy)
- Dark Skies, Tourism Threatened in Gerlach, Nevada Wilderness.
- Ormat concerned stakeholder discussion (Friends of Black Rock/High Rock)
- Gerlach residents say the Black Rock's dark skies threatened by proposed geothermal plant," Amy Alonzo, Reno Gazette Journal, October 26, 2020.
- "Bureau of Land Management accepting pre-scoping comments for geothermal project near Gerlach," BLM Website.
- ["https://www.blm.gov/press-release/black-rock-field-office-soliciting-public-comment-gerlach-geothermal-project Black Rock Field Office soliciting public comment on the Gerlach Geothermal Project,]", BLM Website.