Gerlach Geothermal Development Project
From Black Rock Desert Nevada wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search
The Gerlach Geothermal Development Project is a Geothermal project that started in 2020.
The project would add two 24 megawatt (total) power plants with 23 wells, 4.6 miles of pipeline, roads and a powerline to the San Emidio Desert plants.
Some Gerlach residents are concerned about the effect the plants and wells would have on the viewshed, night skies and water supplies.
On October 1, 2020, the BLM accepted pre-scoping comments for 60 days.
- Gerlach, Nevada Geothermal Energy Zones
- Hilltop Energy Resources LLC Geothermal Energy Zones has a number of leases
- Ormat Gerlach Proposal Letter BLM, October 1, 2020. ( local copy)
- | Dark Skies, Tourism Threatened in Gerlach, Nevada Wilderness.
- ↑ Gerlach residents say the Black Rock's dark skies threatened by proposed geothermal plant," Amy Alonzo, Reno Gazette Journal, October 26, 2020.
- ↑ "Bureau of Land Management accepting pre-scoping comments for geothermal project near Gerlach," BLM Website.