Gerlach had a Civil Conservation Corps camp as part of the Department of Grazing/Grazing Service. The CCC may have worked on Squaw Reservoir. The CCC camp site was possibly a mile past Squaw Reservoir.
Project No. DG/G86, Company No. 5476, Camp Name: Gerlach, Dates of operation: 10/24/38 - 11/30/41, Location 18 Mi. NW
- Renee Corona Kolvet, Victoria Ford, "The Civilian Conservation Corps in Nevada: From Boys to Men," Claude Chadwell and Andrew Jackson quoted.
- Image: "My uncle in middle in Civilian Conservation Corps with 2 buddies. Gerlach, Nevada, 1936." However, the CCC was not until 1938?
- Civilian Conservation Corps, Sand Pass Well, G-86
- CCC Camps Nevada. "18 mi NW"
- Civilian Conservation Corps in Northern Nevada "Most of the camps had their own 'newspapers'. For instance, Gerlach camp had the DG News..."
- Bert Joseph Lilburn "He enrolled in the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC Camp) on Dec 8, 1940 and served in Gerlach Nevada, putting up drift fences. He was discharged on Sept. 25, 1941"