Frog (Garrett Ranch) Springs
Frog Springs, also known as Frog Pond, Frog Farm, and Garrett Ranch
There is one popular warm spring and many cold springs on this 320ac parcel of private property, owned by C-Punch ranch of Lovelock.
The springs are sometimes called Bordello Hot Springs, though this name is reported to be a legend started by Michael Michael (Doherty).
Burning Man had leased the property ~2000-2003? when they used it as a source of dust abatement water, and in preparation for that they had dug out 2 large cold ponds.
Various wells have been drilled at the Garrett Ranch, the first recorded well was drilled in 1924 (Sinclair, table 2, p 32). In 1937, the mosquito fish were stocked from Fallon (Stockwell).
- http://earthguardians.burningman.com/frog.html earthguardians.burningman.com/frog.html -- Burning Man Earth Guardians - Restoration at Garret Ranch (also know as Frog Farm)
- http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=h&om=1&ll=40.745144,-119.169753&spn=0.005096,0.008712&z=17 maps.google.com?ll=40.745144,-119.169753
- Brian Doherty, "| This Is Burning Man." Hachette Digital, Inc., 2004. ISBN 9780316711548
- Craig A. Stockwell and Gary L. Vinyard. "Life History Variation in Recently Established Population of Western Mosquitofish (Gambia Affinis)." Western North American Naturalist 60(3), 2000, pp. 273–280
- W.C. Sinclair. "Ground water appraisal of the Black Rock Desert area of northwestern Nevada." Ground Water Resources Reconnaissance Series Report 20. 1963 (Cover includes a photo of Leonard Creek Ranch)