From Black Rock Desert Nevada wikiJump to navigationJump to search
Guru Road (aka Dooby Lane) was created by DeWayne "Dooby" Williams (b. 1918, d. 1995). (Note that the 1940 Census has him born in 1919)
- Pulitzer Prize winning poet Gary Snyder visited Guru Road and wrote: discovered a path / of carved stone inscriptions tucked into the sagebrush / "Stomp out greed." / "The best things in life are not things." / words placed by an old desert sage. Snyder went on to create a book based on Williams' words that included photographs by UNR students and faculty.
- DeWayne Williams; Gary Snyder, "Dooby Lane: a testament inscribed in stone tablets by DeWayne Williams," Black Rock Press.; University of Nevada, Reno.
- Rod Romesburg, "The Fractal Nature of Gary Snyder's Mountains and Rivers Without End," College Literature, Volume 37, Number 3, Summer 2010.
- Peter Goin, "The Outsider Art of DeWayne Williams near Gerlach, Nevada: "I am only one, But I am one..." Rock Poetry," Photograph, 1994.
- http://www.flickr.com/photos/60005435%40N08/5482062697/in/photostream/ Elvis, 27 Feb 2011