Diessner is named Oscar Diessner, who was the first postmaster.
One of Oscar's children was Emily, who taught school in Gerlach during WWII. Emily married John F. Gilmartin and taught in Gerlach in the 1960's. John F. Gilmartin was a principal of the school..
Diessner appears in the 1937 Washoe County Map. The 1948 Washoe County Map shows the location as Drown Ranch.
- GNIS Diessner (historical)
- Citation: County Base Map Series, Nevada Department of Transportation, historic (1930's). WA3/1937
- GNIS Diessner Post Office (historical)
- "PO Feb 1923 to Oct 1933"
- Citation: "Gamett, James, and Paher, Stanley W. Nevada Post Offices. Las Vegas: Nevada Publications, 1983, 176 pp. Discusses historical background of Nevada post offices. p57"