"Dewey is a station located in the valley of the Virginia Range near Pyramid Lake (a) at what was the Hepperly place. The post office was established about the time of the Spanish American War when the name Dewey was given it in honor of Admiral Dewey.(b) This post office has since been discontinued but there is now one at Big Canyon instead."
"a: RL Polk & Co Nevada State Gazetteer and Business Directory 1907 1908"
"b: Authority of Miss MA Taylor Reno Nevada"
- United States. Post Office Dept., "California, Nevada (NW)," 1901
- California State Automobile Association, "Automobile highway map of California and western Nevada," 1917.
- Nevada Historical Society, "Biennial Report of the Nevada Historical Society, Issue 2, 1911.
- "History: PO Jul 1898-Oct 1908 (NV-T202/p56)"
- "Description: approx coordinates"
- "Citation: 'Nevada': National Map Company, Indianapolis, Indiana, no date (map states it uses data from the 1920 census, and the acquisition data by the Nevada Historical Society was 1923). Full color map showing railroads, mountains, roads, communities, and springs, at scale of 1 inch=11 miles."
- Variant Name: Hepperly Place. Citation: "#/YR - 'Biennial Reports of the Nevada Historical Society' Reno: Nevada Historical Society. Journals with articles on history and names. 2nd/p84"
- Hepperly was a pioneer, see p. 19 of "General History and Resources of Washoe County, Nevada, Published Under the Auspices of the Nevada Educational Association," 1888.
- "Sketch map of Nevada and the southeastern portion of California," Clason's, 1906.