Cowles Ranch: Difference between revisions

From Black Rock Desert Nevada wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search
No edit summary
m (Cxbrx moved page Cowels Ranch to Cowles Ranch: Cowels -> Cowles)
(No difference)

Revision as of 17:12, 5 September 2022

Cowel owned a ranch near Limbo.

A 1874 plat of S15 T30N R24 shows "Gummels House."

A 1910 land patent naming Alex Ranson, Nick Curnow, E. H Cowles and James Raser was granted as a selenite mining placer for these locations

  • NV Mount Diablo 030N - 023½E 5 3602 Washoe
  • NV Mount Diablo 030N - 024E 6 3602 Pershing
  • NV Mount Diablo 031N - 024E 31 3602 Pershing

A Cowels Ranch is shown in a 1954 map as being on the east side of the Selenite Range along old Nevada Highway 48 at S16 T30N R24E<ref>"1954 Pershing County Zone 1 map," Nevada Department of Transportation.</ref>

Wheeler states that there was a big Cowels Ranch near Pyramid. <ref>The Desert Lake," y Sessions S. Wheeler, 1967, p. 79.</ref>

Ray Mosley owned a ranch on the west side of the Selenite Range that consisted of buildings and a tungsten mine at S30 T30N R24E.

References

<references/>