Brunson

From Black Rock Desert Nevada wiki
Revision as of 20:34, 28 December 2021 by Cxbrx (talk | contribs) (Text replacement - "http://geonames.usgs.gov/apex/f?p=gnispq:3:::NO::P3_FID:" to "https://edits.nationalmap.gov/apps/gaz-domestic/public/summary/")
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigationJump to search

Brunson was a mining camp reported by the Winnemucca Silver State (February 23, 1881) to be 75 miles north of Wadsworth and 15 miles west of the Washoe/Humboldt County line (Note that at that time, Pershing County was not yet created). Brunson was reported to be in the Miller Mining District, which was named for its discoverer, H. B. Miller.[1]

References

  1. Helen S. Carlson, "Nevada Place Names: A Geographical Dictionary," p. 60. Carlson cites David Myrick.

Resources

  • GNIS (Unknown location)