From Black Rock Desert Nevada wikiJump to navigationJump to search
The Bonham Ranch is located on the west side of the Smoke Creek Desert within the Pyramid Lake Paiute Reservation, so day use permits are required. Sand Pass is to the south Deep Hole is to the north.
- John C. Evanoff, "Deep Hole and Sand Pass," February, 2007. Bonham Ranch was a stage stop.
- Nevada Historical Society Photography Collection, Photos: WA05913 "Bonham Ranch".
- Nevada Bureau of Mines and Geology, "Smoke Creek Desert Geothermal," Description of springs near Bonham Ranch, including a map.
- Jeffrey D. Johnson, "Julia’s Unequivocal Nevada Klampout #32" (2011). A good description of Bonham Ranch, reproduced as An ECV History of the Smoke Creek Desert
- A.J. Liebling, "The Mustang Hunters," The New Yorker, April 3, 1954 and April 10, 1954. The articles are about Hugh Marchbank and Bill Garaventa gathering horses for slaughter. Garaventa's plane is stored at the Bonham Ranch.
- http://tomgreenphotography.com/thebonhamranch.html - photos and history
- Bonham School is located near Flanagan
- GNIS for Bonham School
- Washoe County, Nevada 1936 Tax List Page 013 Bonham School
- Aden, Anderson, Athey, Austin, Baker, Becar, Beckley, Benedeich, Bergendahl, Bettega, Bolton, Bonham, Bonn, Brittain, Brosnhan, Brown, Bush, Clark, Corcoran, Craig, Deaver, De Bar, Dodge, Duetcher, Durieux, Falkenburg, Farr, Fish, Fritts, Fry, Gaines, Gallagher, Gasperoni, Giant, Gillespie, Gleason, Gunther, Hall, Harrington, Hassmer, Haynes, Heler, Henrickson, Henry, Herzog, Hill, Hobson, Holdt, Horabin, Hutton, Jenkins, Johnson, June, Keast, Kessell, Lake, Lee
- Washoe County, Nevada 1936 Tax List Page 014 Bonham School
- Little, Lohman, Mahoney, Maltry, Manvel, Marvin, Matley, McKay, McKenzie, McKinley, McMillan, Molcan, Nachbauer, Newton, O'Keefe, O'Neil, Page, Phillips, Rees, Rhodes, Richards, Riordan, Rode, Ross, Rossier, Rule, Smith, Stallings, Stevens, Strode, Stuarte, Sturgis, Sutherland, Symonds, Tobin, Tomey, Ulrich, Waymere, Weber, Weesner, Wharff, Williams, Winchell, Wood, Younger
- Sheepshead 20 miles north of Sand Pass
- Reno, Washoe Cty, Nevada 1920-21 City Directory Page 234 Lists Bonham Bros. and Bonham, Maud (milloner) along with others.