In 1910 Bert Shedd struck gold in the Granite Range.
"Washoe County Charles L. Cobb and Bert Shedd have made a rich strike in Granite mountain 140 miles north of Reno Washoe county 19 miles from Gerlach the latter place being a division point on the Western Pacific railroad. Discovery was made August 16 and although work only been in progress on the property for 10 days the has been traced by means of trenching for over 400 ft in length and from indications such as float showing the surface the vein is easily over 1,000 ft in length on the Dixie claim"
In 1936, he owned property near Deep Hole.
- "Mining American," September 22 1910, p. 286, Volume 62.
- 1910 Census listing Bert Shedd
- Water Rights Application Bert Shedd and Clay Boyer, "North Miller Basin Creek" "SE1/4 of NE1/4 sec 21, T. 34 N.R. 22E.", 1911. (40.8182204, -119.4952282, located near Squaw Reservoir and Miller Basin and The Orchard. See also Millers.
- List of Automobiles Registered Ending the Quarter of June 30, 1920 "47840 Bert Shedd Gerlach Ford"
- 1925 Washoe County Directory
- Washoe County, Nevada 1936 Tax List Page 016 for Deep Hole
- Shedd, Bert Real Estate: $3895, Improvements: $300, Personal: $545
- GNIS Sheds Gulch - located in the Granite Range. Possibly named for Bert Shedd?