Ashdown appears on the Clason's 1906 map.
Ashdown is located in the Warm Springs Mining District.
Gold and Molybdenum have been mined at Ashdown.
Construction of a mine and mill started in 2005, with production of molybdenum in December 2006.
The mine was listed as being operational in 2012 with 35 employees and having produced 44,092 lbs of Molybdenite.
- "Sketch map of Nevada and the southeastern portion of California," Clason's, 1906.
- "Golden Phoenix to be Honored for Its Ashdown Molybdenum Mine by Nevada Governor at Annual Industry Appreciation Awards," October 2007.
- Major Mines of Nevada 2012," Nevada Bureau of Mines and Geology, Special Publication P-24.
- Ashdown Post Office (historical) GNIS
- PO Aug 1904 to Sep 1909, May 1920 to Dec 1921
- Gamett, James, and Paher, Stanley W. Nevada Post Offices. Las Vegas: Nevada Publications, 1983, 176 pp. Discusses historical background of Nevada post offices. p35
- Ashdown Mine GNIS
- Vicksburg (historical) GNIS
- Variant: "Ashdown. Citation: Paher, Stanley W. Nevada Ghost Towns and Mining Camps. Berkeley: Howell-North Books, 1970, 492 pp. Gives historical background for mining towns and camps in Nevada."
- Variant: "Vicsburg: Citation: Bancroft's Map of California and Nevada: 1868, scale 1 inch=24 miles. H. H. Bancroft & Co., Booksellers & Stationers, San Francisco, Calif. Entered according to an act of Congress, A.D. 1868, by H. H. Bancroft & Company in the Clerk's Office of the District Court of the United States for the Northern District of California."
- Ashdown Mine Gold-Molybdenum Project