Arcturus Mine

From Black Rock Desert Nevada wiki
Revision as of 02:46, 17 February 2015 by Cxbrx (talk | contribs) (Map)
Jump to navigationJump to search

The Arcturus Mine is located in the Selenite Range between Frog (Garrett Ranch) Springs and Empire.

The Arcturus Mine is a tungsten mine in the Staggs Mining District or the Trego Mining District.

In 1941, T.S. Dalton, Jack Dalton, and John Durkin discovered the mine. In 1943, it was leased to Hugh Dobbins, Edward Bottomly and Roy Hardy.[1]


Tungsten Properties in the Gerlach Area (1943).[2] The location of the Arcturus Mine is shown.

References

  1. "Arcturus Property Report," University of Nevada, Reno, KC-Special Collections.
  2. M.R. Klepper, C.W. Chesterman, "Tungsten Properties in the Gerlach Area," Map, University of Nevada, Reno, KC-Special Collections, 1943.

External Links