Difference between revisions of "Arcturus Mine"

From Black Rock Desert Nevada wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search
(Updated links)
(Updated URL)
Line 3: Line 3:
The Arcturus Mine is a tungsten mine in the [[Staggs Mining District]] or the [[Trego Mining District]].
The Arcturus Mine is a tungsten mine in the [[Staggs Mining District]] or the [[Trego Mining District]].


In 1941, T.S. Dalton, Jack Dalton, and John Durkin discovered the mine.  In 1943, it was leased to Hugh Dobbins, Edward Bottomly and Roy Hardy.<ref>"[http://www.nbmg.unr.edu/scans/4870/48700006.pdf Arcturus Property Report]," University of Nevada, Reno, KC-Special Collections.</ref>
In 1941, T.S. Dalton, Jack Dalton, and John Durkin discovered the mine.  In 1943, it was leased to Hugh Dobbins, Edward Bottomly and Roy Hardy.<ref>"[https://collections.nbmg.unr.edu/?r=21772 Arcturus Property Report]," University of Nevada, Reno, KC-Special Collections.</ref>





Revision as of 04:25, 29 October 2021

The Arcturus Mine is located in the Selenite Range between Frog (Garrett Ranch) Springs and Empire.

The Arcturus Mine is a tungsten mine in the Staggs Mining District or the Trego Mining District.

In 1941, T.S. Dalton, Jack Dalton, and John Durkin discovered the mine. In 1943, it was leased to Hugh Dobbins, Edward Bottomly and Roy Hardy.[1]


Tungsten Properties in the Gerlach Area (1943).[2] The location of the Arcturus Mine is shown.

References

  1. "Arcturus Property Report," University of Nevada, Reno, KC-Special Collections.
  2. M.R. Klepper, C.W. Chesterman, "Tungsten Properties in the Gerlach Area," Map, University of Nevada, Reno, KC-Special Collections, 1943.

External Links