Difference between revisions of "Applegate-Lassen Trail"
(Major cleanup and reorganization)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
. . . .
* http://www.drbilllong.com/CurrentEventsXIX/Applegate.html The Applegate Trail --1846 A Journey Into Early Oregon History
* http://www.drbilllong.com/CurrentEventsXIX/Applegate.html The Applegate Trail--1846
Revision as of 22:23, 23 November 2012
The Applegate-Lassen trail was first traversed by the Applegates in 1843. Later, Peter Lassen promoted the trail as a way to avoid the Forty Mile Desert between Lovelock and Fernley. The Lassen Cutoff led from what is now Rye Patch Reservoir to Rabbit Hole Spring, then to Black Rock Hot Spring and on to California. However, there was very little water at Rabbit Hole and no water between Rabbit Hole and Black Rock Hot Springs.
- Applegate-Lassen Route (California-Nevada Chapter Oregon-California Trails Association)
- Applegate Trail Guide (Emigrant Trails West)
- The Applegate Trail --1846 A Journey Into Early Oregon History (Bill Long)