Difference between revisions of "Applegate-Lassen Trail"
(Fix link to Black Rock Hot Spring)
|(12 intermediate revisions by 3 users not shown)|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
. . . .
.org/.htm ApplegateTrail,Oregon .
the the of
Latest revision as of 21:48, 27 December 2014
The Applegate-Lassen trail was first traversed by the Applegates in 1843. Later, Peter Lassen promoted the trail as a way to avoid the Forty Mile Desert between Lovelock and Fernley. The Lassen Cutoff led from what is now the Callahan Bridge at Rye Patch Reservoir on the Humboldt River to Rabbit Hole Spring, then to Black Rock Hot Spring and on to California. However, there was very little water at Rabbit Hole and no water between Rabbit Hole and Black Rock Hot Springs.
- Applegate-Lassen Cutoff (Wikipedia)
- Applegate-Lassen Route (California-Nevada Chapter Oregon-California Trails Association)
- Applegate Trail Guide (Emigrant Trails West)
- The Applegate Trail --1846 A Journey Into Early Oregon History (Bill Long)
- Henry Lind's 1941 trip following the Applegate - Lassen Trail (Cal State Chico)
- Klamath Echoes, 1971: Applegate Trail (Klamath Historical Society)
- Milt Otto, "Deaths and Graves On The Applegate-Lassen Trail," Oregon - California Trails Association, California - Nevada Chapter.
- See the Applegate Trail Guide above for the location of the A markers