Frederick W. Lander

From Friends of the Black Rock High Rock Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

In 1860, Frederick W. Lander traveled through the Black Rock area while building the Lander Road. The official name of the Lander Road was the Fort Kearney, South Pass and Honey Lake Road. He stayed at Rabbit Hole Spring and made peace with Winnemucca at either Deep Hole or Granite Creek.

Lander Spring is named after Lander.

See Also