Fly Ranch Nature Walk Docent
Sign up here to help Friends of Black Rock-High Rock organize and lead programs at Fly Ranch.
Each nature walk will require:
- One Lead Docent
- Two or more Support Docents
All Docents must first submit a questionnaire.
Fill out the questionnaire here.
To become a Support Docent you must:
- Attend On-Site Orientation (TBA)
- Complete Leave-No-Trace Training (dates TBA)
To become a Lead Docent
- Attend On-Site Orientation (date TBA)
- Complete Leave No Trace Training (dates TBA)
- Lead two Nature Walks as a Support Docent
- Wilderness First Aid Certified. WFA will be offered on May 30-31 (two day training). We are offering a significant discount for this training. Please email info@blackrockdesert for the savings code and information on how to register.
CPR Training is also recommended but not required at this time. We are offering training at a significant discount on March 29 in Gerlach. Please email info@blackrockdesert for your savings code and information on how to register.
TWO IMPORTANT 2020 DATES:
MARCH 14 – FORMAT CHANGE
Learn about what’s new in 2020 at the Fly Ranch Docent Appreciation and New Volunteer Overview. This event will now be a zoom meeting. We will not be meeting in Downtown Reno. If you signed up, please check your email for the meeting link.
MARCH 28 – On-site at Fly Ranch / Gerlach, NV – POSTPONED
Join us for Fly Ranch Docent and Volunteer 2020 Orientation, March 28th in Gerlach, NV. Due to concerns with coronavirus, we will be rescheduling this training.
For questions, contact email@example.com or call 775.557.2900 (limited hours Nov-Apr).
DOCENT SIGN UP DATES WILL BE POSTED SHORTLY. We will email you when those have been posted. You can also watch our FB docent group for updates.
Thank you for volunteering!