From Black Rock Desert Nevada wiki
Vernon is a ghost town located in the Seven Troughs Range.
- Vernon (historical)
- Vernon Post Office (historical)
- Citation: Gamett, James, and Paher, Stanley W. Nevada Post Offices. Las Vegas: Nevada Publications, 1983, 176 pp. Discusses historical background of Nevada post offices. p116
- Vernon Mine
- Citation: Johnson, Maureen G., "Geology and Mineral Deposits of Pershing County, Nevada," (Dead link, see archive.org for toc). Reno: Nevada Bureau of Mines and Geology Bulletin 89, 1977, 115pp. Describes the mining districts, mines, mills, and resources of the mentioned county. p88
- Helen S. Carlson, "Nevada Place Names: A Geographical Dictionary," p. 239. Post office from October 31, 1906 until July 31, 1913. Located 35 miles west of Lovelock.
- Richard E. Lingenfelterm, "The Newspapers of Nevada: A History and Bibliography, 1854-1979," p. 252. The Vernon Miner newspaper was printed at the Lovelock plant. After a series of starts and stops, the plant later moved to Mazuma.
- "Nevada And The Southeastern Portion Of California," Third Edition, The Clason Map Company, Denver, Colorado, 1907. Map showing Vernon.