From Black Rock Desert Nevada wiki
- p. 22: "CHANGES IN THE LAKES The surface of Pyramid Lake is gradually lowering while there is a corresponding rise in waters of Winnemucca Lake. Stockmen vaqueros say the change becomes very evident they ride along the shores and see bluffs where decade ago there was a gentle slope and as look at the pyramid in the center of the lake to present more volume above the tide level. Twenty five years ago the rocks where the surf beat and left an undying mark are to-day a mile from the water. The stakes to which Indians tied their boats stand in regular line, one below another and serve as marks of shoreline water receded year after year. Finally, at periods of about five years the waves threw gravel and shells which formed a kind composes ridges in succession clear around the lake."
- "Photographs of the High Rockies," p. 32, Nevada Historical Society Quarterly, Spring, 1972. Image of Pyramid Lake reproduced from Harpers Weekly, 1869. The title is incorrect, these are images of Nevada from the Geological Exploration of the Fortieth Parallel by King.
- Harold W. Fairbanks, "Pyramid Lake, Nevada," Popular Science, March 1901.
- "The Alligator of Pyramid Lake," Hutchings' Illustrated California Magazine, Volume 5, p. 231, 1861.
- A.J. Liebling, "The Mustang Hunters," The New Yorker, April 3, 1954 and April 10, 1954. See also Horses.
- A.J. Liebling and E.R. Rusco, E.R."A Reporter at Large: Dateline--Pyramid Lake, Nevada," 2000.
- "A letter from the Secretary of the Interior submitting an agreement entered into between the Indians of the Pyramid Lake Reservation and the Commission appointed under the provisions of the act of March 3 1891," United States Congressional serial set, Issue 2953, January 11, 1892. Description of property at Pyramid Lake.
- http://www.nevadaweb.com/cnt/r-t/pyramid/main.html www.nevadaweb.com/cnt/r-t/pyramid/main.html
- http://www.nevadatravel.net/travelgram/06-04.html www.nevadatravel.net/travelgram/06-04.html
- http://www.crosbylodge.com/pyramid_lake/pl_map_needles.htm www.crosbylodge.com/pyramid_lake/pl_map_needles.htm
- http://www.plpt.nsn.us/geology/index.html www.plpt.nsn.us/geology
- http://www.longcamp.com/pyramid.html www.longcamp.com/pyramid.html -- Frémont, January 14, 1844. We encamped on the shore, opposite a very remarkable rock in the lake
- http://www.directart.co.uk/mall/more.php?ProdID=4524 www.directart.co.uk/mall/more.php?ProdID=4524
- http://fabtreks.blogspot.com/2007/02/back-in-time-at-pyramid-lake-nevada.html fabtreks.blogspot.com/2007/02/back-in-time-at-pyramid-lake-nevada.html
- http://www.nv.nrcs.usda.gov/news/ www.nv.nrcs.usda.gov/news -- Nevada NRCS (Natural Resources Conservation Service) News, Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe and Partners Work to Restore Abandoned Mine
- http://www.rgj.com/news/stories/html/2003/03/19/37188.php www.rgj.com/news/stories/html/2003/03/19/37188.php RGJ 3/19/2003 Sacred place vs. recreational space, Outdoors buffs sometimes miss the meaning of American Indian sites
- http://www.jpgmag.com/search/photos/pyramid%2Blake www.jpgmag.com/search/photos/pyramid%2Blake
- http://vimeo.com/17400255 (video) Pyramid Lake is Dying, by John Pilger, 1976
- http://are-we-there-yet-travels.com/?p=70 White Pelican Migration at Pyramid Lake, Nevada
- "Avery Winnemucca, Sutcliffe," ca. 1936, UNRS-P1995-41-054, Special Collections Department, University of Nevada, Reno Libraries.
- "Fremont's Pyramid, Pyramid Lake, Nev.," Eastman's Originals Collection, Group 56, B-5110, UC Davis, Special Collections, 1947.
- "Fremont's Pyramid, Pyramid Lake, Nev.," Eastman's Originals Collection, Group 56, B-5122, UC Davis, Special Collections, 1947. See also pictures of Pyramid Lake Ranch.
- See Photography for links to other images.
- Matt Bischoff, "Aspects of Punishment: Indian Removal in Northern Nevada," Nevada Historical Society Quarterly, Winter, 1994. Includes a photo of the site of the first Battle of Pyramid Lake with a photo credit of the Nevada Historical Society.