Miller and Lux
From Black Rock Desert Nevada wiki
The Miller and Lux company was one of the largest land owners in the US. Miller and Lux bought Soldier Meadows in 1883. Henry Miller died in 1916, Soldier Meadows was sold to the Parman family in 1926.
- Henry Miller (Rancher) (Wikipedia)
- Soldier Meadows History
- Sessions Wheeler, "Black Rock Desert,"
- p. 151,
- p. 155 Crutcher sells to Miller and Lux,
- p. 156 Miller and Lux did not put up hay,
- p. 157 Miller dies,
- p. 158, photo of Miller Lux and Twain crossing
- p. 159 Gerlach company suffers the same fate as Miller Lux
- p. 162 Derby sells to Miller and Lux in the mid-1880's. In 1926, Miller Lux liquidated and Leonard Creek Ranch sold.
- San Francisco Chronicle, "Misadventure of a Cycler: He Narrowly escapes Death in the Black Rock Desert," Oct 16, 1898, p. 21. Frederick Smart, an employee of Miller and "Luz" (sic), was bicycling across the desert, ran out of water and in his delirium, attempted to hang himself and cut himself. He was expected to survive.