Gerlach/Empire Citizen Advisory Board
Nevada NRS 269.24 states that a CAB consists of no fewer than 3 and no more than 5 elected representatives. Washoe County Code Section 5.425 states that the county determines the number of board members.
Rebori and NRS 269.24 state that Citizen Advisory Boards were authorized by the state in 1979. The April, 26, 2013 Washoe County Commission Minutes state that the Gerlach/Empire Citizen Advisory Board was formed on December 9, 1980. Rebori's 2005 study did not include the Gerlach CAB because it is the only rural CAB in Washoe County.
As of May, 2013, the Washoe County Citizen Advisory Boards website states "Effective July 1, 2012 All Washoe County CAB meetings have been placed on a temporary hold."
- Washoe County Citizen Advisory Boards
- Washoe County Gerlach/Empire Citizen Advisory Board
- Nevada Revised Statute 269 - Unincorportated Towns
- Marlene K. Rebori, "The Effectiveness of Citizen Advisory Boards (CABs) in Washoe County, Nevada," 2005, 26 pages, Nevada Cooperative Extension.
- Washoe County staff, "Recommendation to provide direction to staff on Citizen Involvement Program ...," March 15, 2013. Proposal to revamp the CAB.
- Washoe County Staff, "Agenda Item 30," April 26, 2013. Proposes to dissolve the Gerlach/Empire Citizen Advisory Board.