Empire Store

From Black Rock Desert Nevada wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Empire Store 775-557-2311


Leonard Laverne Ashton was associated with Stanley Cafe and Granite Service Station in Gerlach and the Empire Chevron Service station and Empire Distributing Company in Empire. Ashton arrived in Empire in 1957 and built the Empire Generate Merchandise, Grocery Store and Chevron Service Station, which he operated in a partnership with James Johnson of Fernley as the Empire Distributing Company. Ashton later bought the cafe and service station in Gerlach. The cafe was open all day most of the night with hours set to meet the requirements of area railroad men.[1]

References

  1. Nevada, The Silver State]," v. 2, p. 848 Western States Historical Publishers, 1970.