Bonham Ranch

From Black Rock Desert Nevada wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

The Bonham Ranch is located on the west side of the Smoke Creek Desert within the Pyramid Lake Paiute Reservation, so day use permits are required. Sand Pass is to the south, Laird Spring is to the north.

The ranch was owned by the Bonham family starting in 1887.[1]

Rolland Bonham (d. 1952) operated stage stops in the area: Twenty Mile House, Sheep's Head Station, Round Hole Station. He bought the Round Hole Station and established a cattle operation.[1]

Florence Drew was a telegraph operator at Sand Pass and married Rolland Bonham. In 1970, their son, Jack F. Bonham (b. 1922), was reported as living at the ranch.


References

  1. 1.0 1.1 Nevada: The Silver State," vol. 2, p. 859, Western States Historical Publishers, 1970. Includes picture of the ranch on p. 858.

Remote Resources