From Black Rock Desert Nevada wiki
- Jerome L. Lorry, "Unveiling the Black Rock A History of Exploration in Nevada's Remote Northwest Corner," Nevada State Historical Society Quarterly, p. 3-24, Spring 2008.
- See Authors
- Nevada Outdoor School, "Fly Canyon Resources."
- Myron Angel, David F. Myrick, "Reproduction of Thompson and West's History of Nevada, 1881," (1881, 1958).
- Allen C. Bragg, "Humboldt County 1905," Winnemucca, Nevada: Humboldt Printers, 1976, 150 pp. A series of articles on the people and places of Humboldt County.
- Helen S. Carlson, "Nevada Place Names," 1974.
- Desert Magazine
- Asa Merrill Fairfield, "Fairfield's Pioneer History of Lassen County, California," p (1916). (Full text also from Archive.org.)
- N. A. Hummel, "General History and Resources of Washoe County, Nevada," 1888. - possible photo of Wadsworth Library, Depot and Other Buildings.
- Donald Jackson and Mary Lee Spence (eds.), "The expeditions of John Charles Frémont," 1970.
- Frank Kester, "Folder 10, Biography 1925, Black Rock Desert," Guide to the Frank Kester Papers, ca. 1912-1981, California Historical Society, North Baker Library San Francisco, California 94105-4014. Kester was a reporter for the Oakland Tribune, perhaps he was reporting about Barbara Worth?
- Nevada: The Silver State," Western States Historical Publishers, 1970. Information about Bev's Miners Club, Bonham Ranch, Empire, Helen Thrasher, High Rock Canyon, Jack Bonham, John Finley, John James Thrasher, Round Hole, Sand Pass, Sheepshead, Twenty Mile House,
- Frank Bergon, "Wild Game," 1994. A work of fiction that mentions Ronald Bristlewolf.
- Frank Bergon, "Shoshone Mike," 1989. A work of fiction based on the life of Mike Daggett.
- Jason S. Walters, "An Unforgiving Land, Reloaded: Tales of Horror from the Black Rock" (2013)
- Christopher Brooks, "Black Rock Desert," 2013. Images of America series.
- Carolyn Dufurrena, Linda Hussa, Sophie Sheppard, "Sharing Fencelines: Three Friends Write from Nevada's Sagebrush Corner"
- Chuck Dodd, "Guide to Getting Around in the Black Rock Desert and High Rock Canyon," a fantastic how-to exploration resource.
- Effie Mona Mack, "The Indian massacre of 1911 at Little High Rock Canyon, Nevada," 1968. About Mike Daggett.
- Bernard Mergen, "At Pyramid Lake", 2014.
- Raymond M. Smith, "Nevada's northwest corner: the Black Rock Country of Northern Humboldt, Pershing & Washoe Counties," Silver State Printing, Minden, NV, 1996.
- Washoe County Library - a list of books about the area.
- Sessions S. Wheeler, "Nevada's Black Rock Desert," 1985. The canonical history of the area.
- BLM, "Emigrant Trails in the Black Rock Desert," Technical Report 6, 1980.
- Smith, Regina C., "Prehistory and history of the Winnemucca District : a cultural resources literature overview," (1983)
- Research - Other sources of interest